Thursday 8 September 2011

Hike at Chutes Provincial Park (pics)

This is actually Monday's blog, but I'm just getting around to it today.  Monday was the first day of a five-day fitness minutes challenge with FabFit and the first day of Anniversary Week!  Yes, Shannon and I have a whole week of anniversary activities. We started out with going on a hike in Chutes Provincial Park which is about 45 min. down the main highway from us.
It was a short walk, only about half an hour, but we were able to go onto the river, on stepping stones, and that was a lot of fun.
Then we went for breakfast-for-lunch at about 3 p.m. Mushroom-cheese omelet one slice of bacon, one breakfast sausage and toast and jam. (I LOOOOOVE TOAST!!)

I also love sunflowers... This is a garden right beside the restaurant parking lot.





As far as the fitness minutes challenge... It is "activity minutes" as I understand it. That would mean walking minutes (which I don't usually count) along with my workout minutes. It runs Monday to Friday at 5 p.m. I have a goal of 400 minutes. I don't plan to go crazy and get a super excessive unsustainable number of minutes. I just plan to go with an ideal normal and try to get a little extra each day. That would mean 400 minutes in 3 regular workout days and 1 sort-of rest day (2 heavy days, 1 yoga day and one easy day). I can do that!  Now, I just found out that last week the group leaders average for activity minutes was 645... I am NOT going there!!  I know I could, but again... I really want this to be sustainable!!



2 comments: