Wednesday 31 August 2011

Another fantastic day!!

Ah Wednesday... Time to wear out my upper body!!  And that's what I did today for sure!! First off I did the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout DVD w. Jillian Michaels. Normally, I use the BL Cardio Max Weight Loss w. Bob Harper, but Bob REALLY loves squats, and my hip is still really bothering me, so I chose Jillian today.


I found this workout had much more work for my upper body, so maybe I'll continue using it instead. I used my 10# DB for all the upper body stuff except the lat raises and front raises, I used 8s.

After that I went out to the grocery store. I needed cheese since I'm going to be making an eggplant-zucchini lasagna - using those veggies cut in thin strips instead of pasta!  Great idea I stole from a Clean Eating magazine. I bought mozza and feta, also some fresh tomatoes and mushrooms.

When I got home it was time for the hard work... upper body ST with Jackie Warner... boy... that 15-20 minutes really burned my arms out!  Again... 10# DB.

The the Wednesday WOD Instead of tuck jumps, I do jump squats... I just can't get my legs to fold up like that. The push ups were from knees... as I mentioned, my arms were DEAD!!  I could only do 30, so I did the last 20 at the end of the workout.  My time.... 13:40. I think that was on the slow side... I had to stop and slow down at some points... I was already really worn out before I started the WOD, but it was on the schedule, so I didn't want to let myself down. And I DIDN'T!!


Oh, I forgot to mention the sun salutations this morning!  I'm getting much better at keeping a good breathing rhythm, and I'm really enjoying doing them. It helps me shake off the night.  Funny today though... It was sunny, and as soon as I started the sun salutations, it started to rain!!


1 comment: