Thursday 25 August 2011

New Yoga Experience

Since this is the first entry for Life outside the Litter Box, I wrote a small introduction...

Sitting at my desk with a fresh cup of coffee; I'm all set to let my ideas flow and send them out to the world. I don't know who will read this, or what they will think about it. Since YOU are reading it, I hope you will get something out of it, even if it's just a view into the life of someone other than yourself.

My life is not so terribly exciting, but I love it because it's mine. I've been through a lot to get to this "happy point," and I'm definitely ready to live this amazing life and love with all my heart.

I have been on this Happy Healthy Journey for several years now and I have been embracing new ideas, new challenges and the consequent new personal insights.

Today I tried a new yoga DVD - Rodney Yee's Ultimate Power Yoga


I decided to try this DVD on the suggestion of a friend on FabFit. I have been doing Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior on Yoga Day (Thursday) for quite some time and, although I absolutely love it, I wanted to try something new.

So I plugged Rodney into the DVD player... I enjoyed it. It didn't have the dynamism that I'm used to with a Bob workout, but I liked it enough to run it every other week. I did find that because this workout wasn't quite as fast, I was able to concentrate on the form and feeling the movements. Another thing I noticed was that I am much more flexible than I thought. It's interesting that I can attain a Half Moon Pose by moving "down" into it from Triangle Pose (Rodney Yee) and I can't do it moving "up" into it from Standing Splits" (Bob Harper). I wonder if anyone else finds that the sequence used makes that kind of a difference.

 I really liked Rodney Yee's way of explaining moves. His explanation of Warrior I/II actually made them easier for me to stay balanced in. I don't know why though. I was able to manage most of the moves to some extent, except Hero Pose and that backbend bridge one.  I LOVE Camel Pose!!  But you'd better believe my quads were a-twitchin' when I got out of that one!

I was only able to complete four out of five segments. I started the fifth segment, but as soon as he said to go into plank position I was like... You gotta be kidding!  I usually finish what I start, but I was just WIPED!!  I think I could've fallen asleep right there. I think next time I'll do three segments.

Nemaste

Here's me and Lasher... flaking out.














1 comment:

  1. Haha that was just "corpse pose" at the end ;) It probably helps a lot that Rodney is an actual yogi while Bob really isn't. I wanted Rodney's morning yoga DVD. It has 5 20-minute sequences on it. The copy at the store was loose so I was worried it was scratched but I still plan on getting it soon!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete