Tuesday 30 August 2011

Stepping it up and a pain remedy!

So, this past Sunday I did the new cardio workout that I described in my previous blog. I pushed really hard and managed it in under 15 minutes. I think I've always been kind of scared to really push in my cardio because of my previous cardiac issues. Since my second surgery in 2005 I'm told I have nothing to fear from pushing past the limit, but...  Anyway, my new goal is to push HARD and get BETTER!
I added high-knee jog and Xcountry ski jump to this workout because they are the toughest for me. Next time I'll also add a set of 5 burpees to every circuit!!

Monday is always my toughest workout day... Boom Boom POW!! Leg Day!! I did three workouts. The third one was a FabFit WOD - Gideon Leg Assault I did it!!  I couldn't believe I finished it!!  Especially after doing 90 minutes of leg intensive stuff already that day. 

Now today?  I'm totally RESTING!!  My hip is really giving me grief... I think it was the wall sits.

I have recently discovered the amazing pain relieving power of Fish Oil Capsules!!  My mom had told me they might help heal muscle pain, but I was skeptical. But my brother discovered they really help with his neck pain.  He has terrible posture and significant pain. [He has been a wheelchair user all his life (40 years)]. I was surprised they could help that much. Then Shannon started taking them and found they helped his workout recovery. So I've been using them for a couple of weeks and I have found that I don't have nearly as much muscle pain as I did. I'm definitely not as stiff in the mornings, AND the side pain I had in my abs from my fall (in May) is all but gone (except when I'm actually working out). Very exciting!!


This blog is getting long, but I have to get this out too.  I've been kind of stressed over my lack of concentration.  I get distracted so easily!!  It would be one thing if I had always been like that, but I find that since I took that medication to get rid of the hepatitis C (It's gone now) I have been hopeless in this regard! I flit from task to task... thought to thought. I can be having a conversation and all of a sudden stop because I forgot what we were talking about!! I don't know if it's a side-effect of that medication (it could very well be... there are other people who have weird lasting side-effects), or a side-effect of something I'm taking now, or maybe it's just what happens after 35?  Maybe I'm crazy?  Anyway, I find it kind of difficult at times. At least my hubby is understanding about it.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think fish oil would help me with my bad headaches I get a lot or arthritis pain in my joints?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm not a supplement fan but I'm about to go buy some fish oil. Which ones do you use? I know some taste better than others.
    And please let me know if you find an "remedies" for your concentration issue because I have felt that way for a few years now. Don't have any idea why or how to fix it! Ugh!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete